About the park
Retail & Leisure
Vangarde Shopping Park provides a superior and modern shopping experience, thereby enhancing the attractiveness of Monks Cross as a top retail destination in York.
A total of 339,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant accommodation has been constructed to provide:
- York’s first John Lewis department store
- The region’s largest M&S department store
- A State of the art Next store
- Fabulous places to eat including Prezzo, Nandos, Frankie & Benny’s, Costa Coffee, Caffe Nero and Filmore & Union
- 1,340 car parking spaces
We are also committed to providing the highest levels of customer service. You can read our customer charter by clicking here.
Vangarde Shopping Park aims to be one of the most sustainable retail developments in the UK by targeting BREEAM Excellent rating throughout the development.
In 2014, John Lewis York became the first department store in the world to be awarded BREEAM Outstanding status. BREEAM is the world’s leading measure of a building’s environmental performance and sustainability with ‘Outstanding’ being the highest award.
We are also delighted to be on the Green Achiever Scheme. You can find our certificate here.
Innovative green engineering solutions are implemented including:
- Renewable energy technology
- Modern glass and steel construction built with sustainable materials
- Improved public transport access, public footpaths and new cycle routes
- Preservation of existing green corridors, watercourses, wildlife and landscapes
- Six car charging points for hybrid cars