About the park
Retail & Leisure
Vangarde Shopping Park provides a superior and modern shopping experience, thereby enhancing the attractiveness of Monks Cross as a top retail destination in York.
A total of 339,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant accommodation has been constructed to provide:
- York’s first John Lewis department store
- The region’s largest M&S department store
- A State of the art Next store
- Fabulous places to eat including York’s first giraffe restaurant, Prezzo, Nandos, Ed’s Easy Diner, Frankie & Benny’s, Costa Coffee, Caffe Nero and Hotel Chocolat
- 1,340 car parking spaces
Vangarde Shopping Park aims to be one of the most sustainable retail developments in the UK by targeting BREEAM Excellent rating throughout the development.
In 2014, John Lewis York became the first department store in the world to be awarded BREEAM Outstanding status. BREEAM is the world’s leading measure of a building’s environmental performance and sustainability with ‘Outstanding’ being the highest award.
Innovative green engineering solutions will be implemented including:
- Renewable energy technology
- Modern glass and steel construction built with sustainable materials
- Improved public transport access, public footpaths and new cycle routes
- Preservation of existing green corridors, watercourses, wildlife and landscapes
- Six car charging points for hybrid cars